Financial support

Find financial resources and information here.

Universal Credit

This is a payment to help with your living costs. It’s paid monthly – or twice a month for some people in Scotland. You may be able to get it if you’re on a low income, out of work or you cannot work.

Personal Independent Payment (PIP)

If you need help completing daily tasks due to illness, disability or a mental health condition, you could be entitled to a PIP. Find out more here:

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

During periods of ill health and after statutory sick pay is exhausted, you may be able to claim ESA. Explore below:

Bereavement support payments

Support is available for financial difficulty whilst coping with the loss of a loved one. Bereavement Support Payments may be made to help cover funeral costs.

Citizen’s Advice

CA provide a range of information on different subjects including cost of living, debt, food banks, budgeting, mortgage problems, rent arrears, banking, pensions, gambling advice and tax advice.

StepChange Debt Charity

Information and support on dealing with debt. All advice is free and non-judgemental.

Turn2Us – helps people in financial need gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help – online, by phone and face to face through partner organisations.